"the want"
My restless soul knows your language...
the lingering pause between a glance and a kiss,
the slow-burning fire that glimmers in your eyes,
like candlelight drowning in red wine.
You are untamable,
sultry as midnight,
soft as velvet against the skin,
a beautiful contradiction
that leaves my breath suspended
whenever you look at me.
Your eyes find me
before your hands ever could,
and the slow sway of your hips
moves through my thoughts
like smoke through candlelight.
There is something intoxicating
about being near you
your warmth, your fragrance,
the quiet electricity in the air
when our bodies drift a little closer.
Some call it passion.
I call it my hunger for you
sweet, slow, and impossible to sober from.
You are my three-in-the-morning thought,
the warmth beneath my skin,
the taste of temptation
lingering long after the night is gone.
I want your lips before my coffee,
your breath mingling with mine,
your laughter close enough to feel,
and that delicious moment
when neither of us remembers
who moved closer first.
Because love cannot quite describe you,
and desire is only the beginning.
So let my eyes say what words cannot,
let my lips finish the poetry,
and let the night wrap around us
like silk and secrets.
You are my sweetest temptation,
my favorite kind of trouble,
the wine I never want to finish
the beautiful intoxication
I never want to escape.
Comments
Post a Comment